We at Rethink Events are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read this policy carefully to understand what data we capture and how we will treat it.
Our Events and Websites:
- Rethink Events corporate site www.rethinkevents.com
- World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit (London) www.worldagritechinnovation.com
- World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit (San Francisco) www.worldagritechusa.com
- Indoor AgTech Innovation Summit (New York) www.indooragtechnyc.com
- Future Food-Tech (London) www.futurefoodtechlondoncom / www.foodtechlondon.com
- Future Food-Tech (San Francisco) www.futurefoodtechsf.com
- Future Food-Tech (New York) www.futurefoodtechnyc.com
- Rethink Agri-Food Innovation Week, RAFI (Singapore) www.agrifoodinnovation.com
- Rethink Agri-Food Innovation Week, RAFI (San Francisco) www.rafiweek.com
- Animal AgTech Innovation Summit (San Francisco) www.animalagtech.com
- Animal AgTech Innovation Summit (Amsterdam) www.animalagtecheurope.com
- World Water-Tech Innovation Summit (London) www.worldwatertechinnovation.com
- World Water-Tech North America (Los Angeles) www.worldwatertechnorthamerica.com
- World Waste to Energy and Resources Summit (London) www.worldwastetoenergy.com
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below and we will do our best to resolve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 1998: For the purpose of GDPR and any national laws, regulations and secondary legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Rethink Events Limited, registered in England & Wales with company registration number 07814293 and registered office: 2nd Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2JQ
2. How to contact us
Address: FAO Data Protection Officer, Rethink Events, 1st Floor, Huntingdon House, 20a North Street, BN1 1EB, Brighton, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1273 789989
3. Information we may collect about you
You may be asked to provide personal data (such as name, email, contact details) whilst you are in contact with us. We require this information to understand your needs and to deliver the service requested from us. You do not have to provide these details but without them we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested.
If we combine personal data with non-personal data (such as company type, industry sector, communication or event attendance history), the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
Information you give us: We store information provided when you complete enquiry or registration forms, or give your details via phone or email, for example when you register to attend an event, subscribe to a mailing list or make an enquiry by phone. This information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, payment information and any other information relevant to the event or service you are registering for.
Information we collect from you: In addition to the above, we may collect information about your visits to our website and how you use it. For example: your IP address, geographical location, device and browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views, dwell time and similar site information. This information may be collected by a 3rd party website analytics provider on our behalf (such as Google Analytics) and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies see Point 6 below.
Information we receive from other sources: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with in order to deliver the services you request from us. This would include for example the sub-contractors we work with for online event registration and payment systems, or through our social media channels.
We may on occasion also receive information about you from third parties such as our business partners, media and magazine partners, sponsors and exhibitors where you have consented to third party contact, or where we believe there is legitimate interest in the services we provide for the sectors we serve.
We may also receive data that has been researched on our behalf by a contracted third party as a result of profiling by job title, company activity, industry sector and geographical region.
We will notify you if we receive information about you that you did not supply yourself, with the purposes for which we intend to use that information, giving you the opportunity to confirm your interest, or to unsubscribe from further contact.
4. How we use information about you
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- • To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us, such as attendance at one of our events
- • To contact you with information about an event that you are attending, including customer service and support, updates or changes to the service
- • To tailor our messaging based on your job function, company activity or stated interest in our events.
- • To keep in contact with you about other events, industry news, offers or services that we believe may interest you, based on your company activity, job role or industry sector, or similar to events you have previously shown interest in
- • To contact you for research purposes
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you, such as product interest, company activity. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data (and to request that we delete it), or to change how we communicate with you at any time by contacting us directly or through our Preference Centre. All our communications include the link to the Preference Centre.
5. Who we may disclose your information to
You agree that we can share your personal information with third parties:
- • where we have your consent to do so (you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us)
- • in the Delegate Attendee list: Your name, job title and company name will appear on the official Delegate List made available in print format to other delegates at the event; and through the official meetings system for other delegates to connect via the system prior to the event
- • with officially contracted third parties delivering services on our behalf including meetings systems, registration, payment systems.
- • where we co-host a webinar, breakfast seminar or invitation-only networking event with a specific partner we may pass the information you provide to that partner, in order for them to engage with you based on your interest in their services. You will have the choice at time of registration for that event whether to withhold your contact information from that partner. After data has been shared, you will need to approach the partner directly to manage your preferences directly with them.
- • with any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or partners where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- • in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets
6. Photographic and Audiovisual imagery
By your participation in our event, you agree that Rethink Events Limited may use any photographic and / or audiovisual material originating from the event in which your image, voice and/or other personal data (including name and job title) may appear, in order to make written or audiovisual releases, whether in-company or external and through any available and appropriate channel including media and marketing collateral. In accordance with the current Data Protection regulations, personal data (photographic or audiovisual) will be incorporated into a file owned by Rethink Events Ltd, in order to manage for the aforementioned purpose, and may be shared online through image galleries. If for any reason you wish not to be featured in imagery from the event, please contact us.
7. Website usage and cookies
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies, consult the “Help” section of your internet browser. Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions of our services, or of other sites you use.
8. Where we store your information
Your data will only be stored by us on our servers located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, by continuing to use our sites and services you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
9. Security of information
We have put in place appropriate technological, administrative, managerial and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use. We take steps to regularly validate the personal information we hold to ensure that the information is accurate and where necessary up to date.
Payment made via our contracted sites is processed in a secure environment using software provided by xxxxx or other third-party providers.
Certain areas of our sites or third-party sites (eg: meetings tools) may be password protected. If you are a user of our sites and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and can reset it at any time.
10. Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to being contacted for direct marketing purposes by us via email or voice calls by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or through the Preference Centre. You can also contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1273 789989
11. How long we will keep your data
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to provide the service you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Information that is no longer active or required for any valid purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed or deleted by secure means.
12. Your rights to the information we hold about you
You have the right to:
- • see the personal data that we keep about you, and certain information about the processing and source of such data if not directly collected from you by us. Please make your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer (details provided above at Paragraph 2). We will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us free of charge (providing your request is not excessive or requiring multiple copies in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to cover costs or ).
- • withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us or ticking a box to opt out of receiving marketing materials.
- • rectification and right of erasure. You have the right to request that we correct or erase any inaccuracies in your personal data if such information would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
13. Links to other websites
Contact us with any data-related enquiries:
Address: FAO Data Protection Officer, Rethink Events, 2nd Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove BN3 2JQ, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1273 789989