Unprecedented growth in global protein demand is driving rapid technology evolution across the livestock sector, with the universal objective to increase production while improving food quality, safety, animal welfare and environmental sustainability.
Investor interest is sharpening in a sector that is well overdue for disruption, with vast amounts of funding starting to pour into animal health and nutrition as new data-driven solutions gain traction in a previously traditional sector. Recent animal agtech investment headlines include Merck’s agtech record-breaking $2.4bn acquisition of digital livestock tech Antelliq, ADM’s $40m investment in its newest animal feed facility, $125m raised by French start-up Ÿnsect to build the world’s biggest insect farm for high protein feed production, and bio-engineering company Recombinetics launching its animal health business Acceligen after raising $34m last year.
Building on its successful launch in San Francisco, the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit takes place in Amsterdam on October 1-2, connecting 300+ international leaders in livestock production, aquaculture, animal health and feed innovation with exciting new technology start-ups and active investors.
The summit is guided by its Advisory Board of senior leaders including Anterra Capital, Aqua-Spark, Benchmark, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bunyavax, Cargill, DuPont Industrial Sciences, Hatch, Hendrix Genetics, Novozymes, Nutreco, Rabobank, Seventure and Wageningen University & Research to ensure it tailors precisely to the needs of the market, with all the right players from across the animal agtech innovation ecosystem in attendance.
Through case studies of successful technology implementation, interactive panel debates, start-up pitching sessions and investor insights, the summit will showcase the latest advances in digitisation, monitoring, diagnostics, vaccines, feed formulation and precision nutrition.
Encouraging new business opportunities and productive partnerships in animal health, nutrition and precision farming, the programme will cover:
- Building the Animal Agtech Ecosystem of the Future: Transformative Trends and Emerging Innovations in Sustainability, Welfare and Efficiency
- Smart Livestock and Dairy Farming: Empowering Farmers through Digital Insights
- Enhancing Efficiency, Quality, Safety and Sustainability in Aquaculture: Digital Applications and Alternative Feeds
- The Microbiome & Precision Nutrition: The Next Wave of Innovation in Animal Health
- Gene Editing: New Approaches to Disease Resistance, Reproductive and Growth Efficiency
- Vaccines & Diagnostics: Pioneering Disease Detection and Prevention in Animal Health
- Collaborative Partnerships: Successful Models for Collaboration between Corporates, Start-Ups, Investors and Accelerators
- Investment & Finance: Scaling Animal Agtech to Commercial Viability – What Can We Learn from Adjacent Industries?
The Animal AgTech Innovation Summit is organised by Rethink Events, the team behind the acclaimed World Agri-Tech Innovation Summits and a global portfolio of agri-food events.
Rethink’s Founder & MD, Jennie Moss said “We’re excited to bring the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit to Amsterdam, a major European hub for agri-food technology innovation. We look forward to connecting key international business leaders at the cutting-edge of a sector that is poised for a significant leap forward in the evolution of livestock production.”
The Animal AgTech Innovation Summit takes place in Amsterdam on Tuesday 1 and Wednesday 2 October, 2019. Full details and registration at www.animalagtecheurope.com