Future Food-Tech returns to San Francisco for its second year, bringing together the most significant food business leaders, investors and food-tech entrepreneurs to advance the transformation of the global food system through innovation, investment and collaboration.
Hosted by Rethink Events, the 2018 program explores the ever-changing landscape of plant-based and alternative proteins, ingredients, personalized nutrition, supply chain transparency and food waste reduction.
Over 40 food-tech experts have already confirmed to speak, including Neil Grimmer of Habit, Michiel Bakker of Google Food, Greg Chambers of The Coca-Cola Company, Bill Aimutis of Cargill, Deborah Arcoleo of The Hershey Company and Samir Kaul of Khosla Ventures.
The program focuses on the hottest areas for food-tech investment in 2018:
- Digitization: The Expanding Role of Big Data, AI and Advanced Analytics in Food
- Building Better Microbiota: Foods That Target the Microbiome
- Personalization: Democratising and Delivering Personalized Nutrition
- Alternative Proteins: The Plant-Based Protein Revolution Continues
- The Application of Gene-Editing for Sustainable Nutritious Next Gen Ingredients
- Cellular Agriculture: The Future Opportunities of Molecular Built Food
- Food Waste: Creating a Circular Economy for Food
- Food + Health: Ingredient Reformulation to Enhanced Nutrition
A highlight of the event are the Technology Showcase sessions, where early-to-mid stage food-tech start-ups pitch their solutions to an audience of worldwide food businesses, technology integrators and investors.
Delegates will benefit from two days of intensive debates, insight, networking round tables and 1-1 meeting opportunities and a pre-summit Blockchain Workshop on March 21, 2018 at the event’s new downtown San Francisco location, the Hilton Union Square.
Future Food-Tech is supported by major partners including Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM), Cargill, DSM, Jenniewein Biotechnologie, Kerry and Rich’s.
To find out more information, please visit: http://futurefoodtechsf.com/