Vertical Farming is moving from a niche sector to one of the hottest new areas of investment, following $200million investment into Plenty earlier this year.
According to the 2017 AgTech Investment Review from Finistere Ventures and PitchBook, “the most pronounced spike in activity has been in indoor agriculture. Thanks to a flurry of $20million+ rounds, 2017 has already seen more capital enter the space than all the previous years combined going back to 2010.”
At this year’s World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit in London, we are delighted to feature a brand-new workshop focused on Vertical Farming: Scaling Operations to Meet Future Demand.
The half-day workshop will include presentations and discussion from two of the world’s best-known Vertical Farm operators, as well as a leading retailer and investor:
- Martin Weber, CFO, Infarm, Germany
- Dan Schechner, Managing Director, Corporate Development, Aero Farms, USA
- Andrew Mellonie, Category Technical Manager, Fresh Produce & Horticulture, Marks & Spencer, UK
- Victor Friedberg, Co-Founder, S2G Ventures and Founder & Chairman, FoodShot, USA
The interactive workshop will breakdown the Vertical Farming landscape for potential investors, operators and suppliers in this high-growth sector, including:
- Identifying the most successful business models for Vertical Farming operations
- Analysing retailer and consumer demand for locally farmed produce
- Overcoming technology and economic barriers to scaling
- Vertical Farming businesses
Understanding the current investment landscape for Vertical Farming
Taking place on Monday October 16 at 1pm at The Tower Hotel, London, the workshop will include a tour to see innovation in action at GrowUp Urban Farms, followed by a networking dinner at Tom’s Kitchen.
Registration for the workshop and tour costs just £295 + VAT and there are currently only 15 places left.
Please contact Jamie Alexander on +44 1273 789 918 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.